1.The Java interpreter is used for the execution of the source code.
2) On successful compilation a file with the class extension is created.
3) The Java source code can be created in a Notepad editor.
4) The Java Program is enclosed in a class definition.
5) What declarations are required for every Java application?
Ans: A class and the main( ) method declarations.
6) What are the two parts in executing a Java program and their purposes?
Ans: Two parts in executing a Java program are:
Java Compiler and Java Interpreter.
The Java Compiler is used for compilation and the Java Interpreter is used for execution of the application.
7) What are the three OOPs principles and define them?
Ans : Encapsulation, Inheritance and Polymorphism are the three OOPs
Is the Mechanism that binds together code and the data it manipulates, and keeps both safe from outside interference and misuse.
Is the process by which one object acquires the properties of another object.
Is a feature that allows one interface to be used for a general class of actions.
8) What is a compilation unit?
Ans : Java source code file.
9) What output is displayed as the result of executing the following statement?
System.out.println("// Looks like a comment.");
// Looks like a comment
The statement results in a compilation error
Looks like a comment
No output is displayed
Ans : a.
10) In order for a source code file, containing the public class Test, to successfully compile, which of the following must be true?
It must have a package statement
It must be named Test.java
It must import java.lang
It must declare a public class named Test
Ans : b